I’m really grateful to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Deborah over on Abra K Deborah. I love reading about Deborah’s thoughts about writing and meditation, so I really recommend you check out her posts. I don’t do book tags very often but I thought this was a lovely way of connecting with other bloggers and sharing people’s blogs I love to read.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
1.What attracted you to start a blog and how has it developed?
It’s been one of those things that I’ve toyed with over the years and finally I got the guts to do something about it! I love books and reading, and since I’ve started writing my blog it feels like the most natural thing to do. I was also inspired by a book I received about creating a blog, which you can read more about here.
2. If you were restricted to eat the favourite cuisine of one nation (forever), what would it be: Indian, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, other?
Italian. As much as I like all food, I love pizza and pasta. Not that you asked, but I love simple pasta and pesto, and I like olives on my pizza.
3. What superpower would you like to have and why?
Probably really obvious, but it has to be flying, right? Mind you, when I was younger Rogue was my favourite X-Men and I thought her power of absorbing other people’s was neat. A bit problematic I’m sure but still, handy.
5. What is your greatest achievement?
I don’t know about greatest achievement, but I’m pretty proud of myself for starting university later in life and doing something I really care about.
6. What is the most daring thing you have done?
Honestly drawing a blank here. There must be something and it can’t always have been whilst drunk. I’ll think about it.
7. What would be at the top of your bucket list?
It’s mainly travelling, I want to see so much more of the world! Had a trip planned for the East Coast of America that I’m hoping I can still do as I’m so keen to visit (and pretend I’m in Gilmore Girls).
8. Which songs/artists provided a soundtrack to your teenage years?
I was a teenager in the 00’s, so forgive me. I like lots of music so I would listen to 50 Cent, Nelly, Beyonce then Kate Nash, The Killers and, when I was a teenager, whatever indie stuff I could find on Myspace.
9. If you could time travel to another time past or future when would it be and why?
I’m not so bothered about fast forwarding into the future, but I’d love to go back in time. I’d like to go to London in the Victorian times because I’m really interested in that era, Ancient Greece, the 1920’s (Paris or New York please), or Jane Austen’s times. I know there’s a lot to be said for feminism but sometimes it looked chill, you know.
10. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Don’t worry too much. You don’t need to have a brand, a pre-set, theme, or 5000 planned posts from day one. You just need ideas and somewhere to write them. People will read! It’s surprising.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Ellie – Eleanor Sophie
- Janet – The Story Teller
- Mayurakshi – Bookshelf Life
- Helen – Finally Got Around To It
- Liz – Liz of Words
- Jess – Stuck In The Book
- Alice – Alice and Her Bookshelf
- Stephen – Stephen Writes
- Taylor – A Blog of One‘s Own
- Hannah – Bookish Bewitched
- Cathleen – Woven from Words
I mainly follow book blogs, so I’ve gone with bookish questions!
- What or who inspired you to start a blog?
- What book do you think is completely underrated?
- What do you like most about the book community?
- What’s your favourite book to TV/film adaptation?
- If you had to pick a fictional fantasy world to inhabit, which would it be?
- What makes you happy, apart from books?
- What’s a goal you have set for yourself this year?
- What character would you pick to spend a day with?
- Where’s your favourite place to read?
- What’s been your favourite read of 2020 so far?
- Is there a book you always recommend to people and why?
I’m looking forward to reading your answers and thank you for writing your blogs!