Good morning, how are you doing today? This week’s Sunday Stories comes to you from my current position snuggled up in bed before I go and cuddle the dog. Perfect Sunday morning. My plans for today include reading, writing my last uni assignment of the year and drinking lots of coffee. Got 2,000 words to write and I’m trying my best to get ahead… wish me luck!
This week I added a couple of new books to my collection. But, before you start raising your eyebrows at my book spending habits (I see you) I would like to defend myself.
- Writers & Lovers by Lily King – I went to Waterstones in Cardiff this week to swap a book I had two of and picked this up. It sounds great and I’m a sucker for any stories about writers or writing.
- Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann – I remember this being everywhere when it came out but I never read it so when I saw this for £1 when I was shopping for snacks, it had to come home with me.
- How to Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie – Super lucky to get my hands on a proof copy through my new job and can’t wait to read it.
This week I have FINALLY got around to reading Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo. I really don’t know what’s taken me so long. I was afraid that I wouldn’t get the writing style but I was completely wrong. So far, I am loving it.
Sunday Stories Reading Reccos:
- Cosmically Speaking, an essay on the power of astrology by Holley M. Kholi-Murchison (WePresent)
- This post about You’ve Got Mail on Women in Revolt. After writing about it in my most recent post, I went down a Nora Ephron rabbit hole and came across this review. Generally loving the whole website! Can’t believe I’ve not been on there before.
- Talking of said rabbit hole, not really a reading recommendation but I am OBSESSED with this Nora Ephron inspired dinner menu that Mindy Kaling has on her Instagram. It’s like two years ago but still. Never wanted to copy someone so much in my life.
- So I Got To Thinking – The Sex and The City Podcast. Had to be done.
- Recently discovered Typecast, a podcast which casts books into films. Obviously started with the casting of The Princess Diaries, because I’m that basic.
- Also just found out about Castaway which is a podcast about podcast recommendations! So going to dive into this soon.
Thank you for reading this week’s Sunday Stories. Next week I start a new job which means I will be working weekends. A new way of working but one that I am very, very excited about and will likely share some more details on here soon.
Hope you’re all keeping safe and reading lots of lovely things.
Until next time,