It’s been a while since I penned a Sunday Stories, so hello if you’re new to these posts! Normally I do a little round-up for things I’ve been loving this week, mainly book related but sometimes not.
It’s a welcome pause to reflect on each week and share some of my discoveries with you.
Disclaimer: I am generally woefully behind on TV so please expect massively out of date recommendations, thank you.
Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman
A YA Romeo & Juliet-esque novel set in an alternate reality where Crosses are superior to the Noughts and they certainly don’t mix. Callum and Sephy (a Nought and a Cross respectively) have been friends since they were kids, but as they grow older and their relationship develops, life gets a whole lot more complicated…
The Most Beautiful Walk in the World: A Pedestrian in Paris by John Baxter
This is my current read and I am really enjoying it! If you need to be transported somewhere else, then where better than Paris?
Other Reading Reccos…
- This week’s Conversations on Love newsletter: an interview on love and siblings with Delia Ephron
- Turns Out It’s Pretty Good: Reading First Thing in the Morning by Rachel Charlene Lewis (The Cut)
- Just finished watching the WandaVision series on Disney+. Such an interesting premise and really clever, as you would expect from Marvel. Now obsessed with Elizabeth Olsen.
- Currently watching The Flight Attendant starring Kaley Cuoco. Only a couple of episodes in but already loving it. Slick, funny, shocking – definitely one to watch.
I have been trying lots of different podcasts (still sobbing over The High Low ending), here’s a couple I’ve enjoyed.
- Train Happy: Challenging old food & fitness rules with Zanna Van Dijk & Victoria Spence
- All The Small Things: an interview with Pandora Sykes
- Sentimental Garbage: the spinoff series with Dolly Alderton Sentimental in the City
Let me know what you’ve been up to this week! And I hope you like the new format of the Sunday Stories too.